Bear Bridge, LLC is a Woman Owned Small Business
Certifications and Socio-economic category status
- Woman Owned Small Business
As of February 2011, the Small Business Administration authorized federal contracting officers to limit or set aside contracting requirements for competition solely among women owned and women owned disadvantaged owned businesses.
The federal government requires that 23% of all federal prime contracts be awarded to small businesses; and 5% of federal prime and subcontracts must be awarded to women owned businesses.
There is no time limit on the program, so businesses can participate as long as they qualify under the program guidelines.
A contracting officer may set aside a requirement for WOSBs if:
- The North American Industry Classification Systems (NAICS) code assigned to the solicitation, invitation for bid, or quote is in an industry in which SBA has designated that WOSBs are substantially underrepresented
- The contracting officer has a reasonable expectation that two or more WOSBs will submit offers. This is sometimes referred to as the rule of two
- The anticipated award price of the contract does not exceed $5 million in the case of manufacturing contracts and $3 million in the case of all other contracts
- In the estimation of the contracting officer, the contract can be awarded at a fair and reasonable price
Bear Bridge, LLC has all supporting documentation in the SBA’s 8(m) Program Repository and is available for review by interested government contracting personnel.
Bear Bridge, LLC
300 Mesick Ave.
Mesick, MI 49668 (physical)
Bear Bridge, LLC
21402 Unison Road
Middleburg, VA 20117 (mailing only)